Business Builders: Know Your Resources
We’re starting a monthly Business Builders column to give helpful hints and advice to those of you who are running your own Shelf Reliance businesses. This week we thought we’d start with the basics: knowing where to find resources. As a consultant, you have access to a host of resources that will help you both learn about and run your business. It’s important to know where these are so that you can not only build up your knowledge base when you’re starting out, but also continue to train yourself and keep updated on what’s going on in the business no matter how experienced you are. Here are some resources that if you’re not using, you should be!
Newsfeed: The newsfeed on your My Office dashboard is the very best way to stay up to date on upcoming changes and announcements from the corporate office. We’d encourage you to check your newsfeed daily to get the dish on the most recent announcements.
Calendar: The calendar on your My Office dashboard has corporate events like training calls and THRIVE Live broadcasts on it, so it’s a great way to see when there are trainings and events that you won’t want to miss.
Consultant Materials: You probably frequent the Consultant Materials page in the Tools menu often to download price lists and promotional flyers, as well as print out forms. But are you making use of all the other resources on this page?
- You can find party preparation materials here, as well as marketing flyers and brochures that you can print out.
- There’s a link to our Fan page, where you can find Shelf Reliance buttons you can put up on your blog or website.
- Don’t forget about the Product Detail document, which contains information on the serving sizes, shelf life, allergens, additives, and countries of origin for every THRIVE food!
Training Resources: Under the Training tab in My Office, you can find many other helpful multimedia resources
- The Videos tab has tutorials on how to use My Office, as well as a video of an example party presentation and examples of how to close a party.
- Under the Call Notes/Recordings tab, we’ve archived our training calls so that even if you miss them, you can catch up on them on the back office!
- Under Materials you can find the Commission Calculator, a PDF of the training manual (which has just been revised to correspond with the My Office system), and our policies and procedures.
- The FAQ tab is a great place to go if you have questions about just about anything, so check there before contacting customer service—we’ve got answers on common questions on many different topics.
These are just some of the resources we provide you with as a consultant. Make sure you’re using them to keep informed on all things Shelf Reliance!