Blueberry Peach Cobbler
A dutch oven classic just got a whole lot easier! The tart tastes in this recipe are complimented perfectly by a sweet cake topping.
- 1⁄2 c butter (at room temperature)
- 3⁄4 c thrive white sugar, divided
- grated rind of 1 lemon
- 2 thrive whole eggs, prepared
- 1⁄2 t vanilla extract
- 1 c thrive white flour
- 1 t thrive baking powder
- 1⁄2 t thrive iodized salt
- 1 c thrive freeze dried peach slices
- 1 c thrive freeze dried blueberries
- 1 c thrive peach drink, prepared, or peach juice
- 1⁄2 t cinnamon
* Rehydrate peach slices and blueberries together in a small bowl, using peach drink or juice for rehydrating liquid. Set aside for several minutes until fruit is fully rehydrated.
* Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
* Mix butter and 1/2 c sugar in a medium mixing bowl, then add lemon rind, eggs and vanilla extract. Mix well.
* In another bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt; add to the butter mixture, stirring to incorporate. Spread half of the batter on the bottom of a greased 8"x8" (or similarly sized) pan.
* Top the batter in the pan with rehydrated peaches and blueberries, along with about 1/2 of the hydrating liquid. Carefully spread the remaining batter over the top of the peaches. Sprinkle cinnamon and remaining sugar over the top.
* Bake for 38-45 minutes, or until golden brown. It is perfect when gooey and just underbaked. Serve hot with ice cream.