This granola is equally great for breakfast eating and daytime snacking.
- 3 c thrive quick oats
- 2 c apple juice
- 1⁄2 c honey
- 3⁄4 c pepitas (green pumpkin seeds)
- 1⁄2 c sunflower seeds
- 3⁄4 c walnuts, pecans, or almonds
- 1 c shredded or dessicated coconut
- 2 t salt (or more, to taste)
- 2 t cinnamon
- 1 pn grated nutmeg
- choice of thrive freeze dried berries and fruit
* Mix all ingredients together, excluding berries, making sure everything is coated and well-blended.
* Transfer mixture onto a greased baking sheet and bake at 300-350 degrees for a few hours, tossing the granola every half hour or so, until all moisture is cooked out and granola is toasted. Cook times will vary, so be mindful of keeping your granola from burning.
* Once granola is cool, add in fruits or berries. Keep granola in an airtight container on the shelf for snacking. Can be served with yogurt, rehydrated berries, and milk for a delicious breakfast.