Loaded Beef Burritos
The "everything" burrito!
Chef Todd Leonard
- 2 T butter
- 1 t garlic
- 1⁄2 c thrive sausage crumbles (fd)
- 1⁄2 c thrive roast beef (fd)
- 2 1⁄2 c water
- 1⁄4 c thrive instant pinto beans
- 2 T thrive chopped onions (fd)
- 2 T thrive mixed bell peppers
- 1⁄4 c thrive potato chunks
- 1⁄4 c thrive sweet corn (fd)
- 1⁄4 c thrive green chili peppers
- 1⁄4 c thrive instant white rice
- 1⁄2 t cumin
- 1⁄4 t chipotle powder
- 1⁄2 t thrive chef's choice seasoning blend
- 1⁄4 t chili powder
- 2 T thrive cilantro (fd)
- 1 T thrive beef bouillon
- 1⁄4 c thrive tomato dices (fd)
- 2 c thrive shredded colby cheese (fd)
Reconstitute cheese (preferably night before). Sweat butter and garlic together in a medium sized pot. Add sausage and roast beef and lightly caramelize and toast.
Add water and all remaining ingredients except for tomatoes and cheese. Cook on low simmer for 5 minutes. Add tomatoes and cook until liquid is mostly gone.
Fold half the cheese and ¼ cup THRIVE Enchilada Sauce (from recipe) into the filling mixture. Scoop 1 cup of the filling into the bottom center of each of 4 large tortillas and roll up tightly. Place burritos in baking dish and top with remaining cheese and sauce. Bake at 350⁰ F for 14 minutes.
Recipe featured in January 2014 Thrive It Up broadcast.