Rainy Day Chili
Longfellow wrote: "Into each life some rain must fall." When that happens to you at mealtime - be prepared. No need to panic and rush out for fast food. Serve healthy food fast with THRIVE foods.
- 2 T chili powder
- 2 t garlic powder
- 2 t cumin
- 2 t cayenne pepper
- 1 1⁄2 c thrive ground beef (fd)
- 1⁄2 c thrive instant red beans (fd)
- 1⁄2 c thrive instant pinto beans (fd)
- 1⁄2 c thrive chopped onions (fd)
- 1⁄4 c thrive mixed bell peppers (fd)
- 1⁄4 c thrive green chili peppers (fd)
- 2 c thrive tomato dices (fd)
- 2 T thrive beef bouillon
- 2 T thrive tomato powder
- 6 c water (6 to 8 cups - depending upon the desired consistency. as it simmers it will thicken.)
Add all ingredients to large saucepan. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to simmer 30 to 40 minutes to desired thickness. Stir frequently.
This is a bit on the 'hot' side. If your family likes a mild chili reduce the amount of cayenne to suit your taste.
Serve with your choice of chopped onions, shredded cheese, sour cream, oyster crackers etc.
I've entered this recipe in two chili cook-offs this year. While I've not won the contest, (yet) the recipe did win for most unique ingredients! And, most importantly the people tasting it loved it!