Southwestern Bean Salad
Top with crispy tortilla chips and cilantro!
Chef Todd Leonard
- 1 c thrive black beans
- 1 c thrive small white navy beans
- 1 c thrive small red beans
- 1 c thrive green bell peppers (fd)
- 1 c thrive red bell peppers (fd)
- 1⁄2 c thrive celery (fd)
- 1⁄4 c thrive chopped onions (dehydrated)
- 1⁄2 c thrive green chili peppers (fd)
- 1 c thrive tomato dices (fd)
- 2 c thrive sour cream powder
- 1 c cold water
- 1⁄2 cn v8 juice (11.8 oz.)
- 1⁄8 c thrive tomato powder
- 1 1⁄2 c limes, juiced
- 1⁄2 c barbecue sauce
- 1⁄2 T ground cumin
- 1⁄2 T chili powder
- 1 T season salt
- 1 c thrive shredded colby cheese (fd)
- 1⁄2 bn cilantro, chopped
Soak beans separately overnight and cook separately in 4 times their volume in salted water until tender (2–3 hours). Drain and cool. Reconstitute vegetables together in a bowl by barely covering them with water. Allow to sit for 10 minutes and then drain any excess water.
In a separate bowl, mix remaining ingredients except cheese and cilantro until well blended. Combine dressing, chilled beans, vegetables, cheese, and cilantro and mix. Serve chilled.
Serving Idea: Top with crispy tortilla chips and cilantro.
Featured in June 2012 THRIVE Live!