A great way to use your THRIVE Chopped Spinach!
Chef Todd Leonard
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, diced
- 1 T garlic, minced
- 2 T butter
- 6 c water
- 1⁄2 c thrive celery (fd)
- 1⁄2 c thrive chopped onions (fd)
- 1 T thrive chicken bouillon
- 2 T thrive basil (fd)
- 1 t thrive chef's choice seasoning blend
- 1 c thrive béchamel sauce, dry
- 2 c thrive chopped spinach (fd)
- 1⁄2 c cream
- 1 t lemon juice
- 1 t rice vinegar
- 1⁄4 c onion, medium diced
- 1⁄4 c thrive red bell peppers (fd) + 2 tbsp. water
- 1 t additional thrive basil (fd)
- 1⁄8 t additional thrive chef's choice seasoning blend
Cook bacon in a soup pot until brown. Pour through a strainer and reserve grease. Return half of bacon back to pot and sweat with garlic and butter.
Add all remaining ingredients except for the béchamel, spinach, cream, lemon juice, and vinegar. Simmer for 7 minutes. Add béchamel and stir well, allowing to come to a simmer for 1 minute. Fold in spinach and cream and allow to simmer 1 more minute. Blend in a blender until smooth and silky. Return to pot and bring to a simmer. Finish with lemon juice and vinegar.
To make garnish, sweat onions with remaining bacon until onions are soft. Add seasonings and peppers and cook 1 minute. Spoon a large tablespoon of garnish into each bowl of soup.