Sweet Potato Muffins
Only a vegetable with "sweet" in its name could make a muffin this delicious! Honey and butterscotch help out by adding their own yummy flavors.
- 1 c thrive sweet potatoes
- 1⁄2 c apple juice concentrate
- 1⁄2 c thrive powdered milk, prepared
- 1⁄4 c oil
- 1 egg made from thrive whole egg powder
- 1⁄2 c honey, warmed
- 2 1⁄2 c thrive white flour
- 1 T thrive baking powder
- 1⁄2 t thrive baking soda
- 1⁄2 t thrive iodized salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 c chopped pecans
- 1 c butterscotch chips
- 1 c hot water
*Soak sweet potatoes in 1 c hot water until soft (about 10 minutes), then drain.
*Puree sweet potatoes, apple juice concentrate, milk, oil, egg, and honey in blender.
*Mix together all dry ingredients, then combine with wet ingredients. Mixture will be thick and sticky.
*Spoon mixture into muffin cups. Bake at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 15 minutes.