Delicious soup that is made mostly from THRIVE.
- 2 c thrive kidney beans
- 2 c thrive pinto beans
- 1⁄4 c thrive chopped onions
- 1 1⁄2 t thrive iodized salt
- 10 1⁄2 c water
- 1⁄2 c thrive tomato powder
- 1 t cumin
- 1 T chili powder (add extra 1 1/2 t for extra heat)
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1⁄4 t minced garlic
- 1⁄2 c thrive taco tvp (reconstituted with 3/4 c hot water)
- 1 c thrive mixed bell peppers (reconstituted with 3/4 c hot water)
- 1 c thrive sweet corn (reconstituted with 1 1/2 c hot water)
*In crockpot, combine kidney beans, pinto beans, 1/4 c onion, 1 tsp salt, and 6 c water. Cook on high for 4 hours.
*Stir mixture and reduce heat to low, cooking for an additional hour.
*Beans should now be tender. Drain, rinse, and set aside.
*In a large pot, bring remaining 4 1/2 c of water to boil.
*Add tomato powder, cumin, chili powder, oregano, remaining salt, and garlic. Reduce heat to medium and simmer.
*Meanwhile, in separate bowls, reconstitute the taco TVP, mixed bell peppers, and corn. This should take 8-10 minutes.
*Drain the corn, but reserve the water from all others. Add taco TVP, bell peppers, and corn into the simmering soup.
*Add the beans and warm through.
*Serve hot garnished with sour cream, cheese, cilantro, and tortilla chips if desired.
Try serving with one of our cornbread recipes.