THRIVE Pasta Florentine
Try this great pasta dish!
Chef Todd Leonard
- 2 c thrive egg noodle pasta
- 1⁄2 c thrive sausage crumbles
- 1 c thrive zucchini
- 1⁄2 c thrive mushroom pieces
- 1 c thrive red bell peppers
- 1⁄4 c thrive chopped onion
- 1⁄2 c thrive tomato dices
- 1⁄4 c thrive chopped spinach
- 1 t garlic, minced
- 2 1⁄2 c broth made from thrive chicken bouillon
- 2 tbsp parsley, basil, chives (equal parts)
- 1⁄2 tsp seasoned salt
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Precook noodles until almost tender in salted water. In a large sauté pan, bring sausage, zucchini, mushrooms, red peppers, onions, garlic, and bouillon and to a simmer; reduce the liquid by half.
Add noodles and seasoning to the pan and warm through. Fold in tomatoes, spinach, and herbs. Drizzle olive oil over top to serve. Salt and Pepper to taste.
Note: It’s best to use fresh basil, parsley, and chives, but if using dry herbs you need ⅓ less as a general rule.
Serving Idea: Serve with THRIVE Cheese Bread!
Featured in March 2012 THRIVE Live!