|Prep Time||2 hours|
A variety of flavors combine to make a sweet yet tart dessert.
For Berry Cinnamon Rolls:
* Combine water, yeast, and a dash of sugar in a small bowl.
* In a small saucepan, melt butter. Add 2 c milk and heat through.
* In a large bowl, mix remaining sugar, eggs, and salt. Add milk mixture to sugar mixture, then mix together with a large spoon. Make sure the mixture isn't too hot, then add in the risen yeast mixture. (Too much heat will kill the yeast.)
* Add 4 c flour to this mixture and gently stir. Beat with a hand mixer for one minute. Add remaining 2 1/2 c flour and stir until remaining flour is just moistened; do not over mix.
* Let dough rise once and gently pull away from the sides. Don't punch the dough down. Let rise again until doubled in size. At this point, punch the dough down.
* Roll dough out to 24" x 10-12". Spread with melted butter and sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon. Top with dried berries.
* Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Roll dough up as you would with jellyrolls and cut into twenty-four 1" discs, placing each on a large cookie sheet that has been greased.
* Let rise again, then bake at 350 degrees for 17-20 minutes or until just starting to turn golden brown.
For Lemon Cream Cheese Icing:
* Blend softened butter and cream cheese together, then add 2-3 tsp milk, vanilla, and lemon zest.
* Whip in the powdered sugar, adding more for a thicker icing and less for a drizzly consistency. More milk may be added if icing becomes too thick.