Country Chicken Stew
This recipe works perfectly for soup in a jar! Take it camping or make a fun gift for friends!
Chef Todd Leonard
- 1 T garlic, minced (optional)
- 2 T butter (optional)
- 6 c water
- 1 c thrive seasoned chicken slices (fd)
- 1⁄4 c thrive sweet corn (fd)
- 1⁄4 c thrive green peas (fd)
- 1⁄4 c thrive asparagus (fd)
- 1⁄4 c thrive chopped onions (fd)
- 1⁄4 c thrive potato chunks
- 1⁄2 c thrive veloute sauce (dry)
- 1⁄4 c thrive béchamel sauce, dry
- 2 T thrive sour cream powder
- 1 T thrive basil (fd)
- 1 t thrive chef's choice seasoning blend
- 1⁄2 t thrive peppercorn seasoning blend
- 1 1⁄2 T cornstarch
In a soup pot, sauté garlic in butter until lightly caramelized (step can be skipped for soup in a jar) . Deglaze pot with water and add all remaining ingredients. Bring up to a medium simmer and simmer for 10 minutes.
To make all-THRIVE soup in a jar with this recipe, add all the dry ingredients to a jar in layers. Include a tag or label with instructions to simmer with 6 cups water for 10 minutes (sauteing garlic and butter is an optional step to add flavor, and can be left off instructions if desired).