THRIVE Black Bean and Corn Salsa
Class up your pre-game or backyard party activities by making this homemade salsa. Serve it with your favorite tortilla chips.
- 1 1⁄4 c thrive black beans
- 1 1⁄4 sli thrive pinto beans
- 3⁄4 c thrive sweet corn
- 1 cn chopped green chiles, undrained
- 1⁄2 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 c cilantro leaves, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 c red or white vinegar
- 1⁄2 c vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 c thrive white sugar
- thrive salt and cracked black pepper to taste
*Cook beans if needed.
*in a small bowl, add sweet corn and cover with warm water. Let sit 5-10 minutes or until corn is softened and rehydrated. Drain.
*Mix black beans, pinto beans, corn, green chiles, red onion and cilantro together in a large bowl.
*To make the dressing, stir the vinegar, vegetable oil, and sugar together in a pan. Bring to a boil, then remove from heat, and cool. Pour dressing over bean mixture, and toss to coat evenly.
Other optional ingredients: jalapenos, diced avocado and diced tomatoes.