2h 30m prep time
10m cook time
Apple Sugar Cookie PiesBy Thrive Life
An inventive way to use THRIVE Vanilla Sugar Cookie Mix! - by Todd Leonard CEC
- Sugar Cookie Crust
- 1 can Thrive Vanilla Sugar Cookie Mix (pantry can)
- 1/4 c. White Flour (All Purpose Unbleached Flour)
- Apple Filling
- 2 1/2 c. THRIVE Granny Smith Apple Slices
- 1/3 c. Brown Sugar
- 3 tbsp. butter
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/3 c. water
- Pineapple Glaze
- 1 c. THRIVE Pineapple
- 1 1/2 c. Powdered Sugar
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/3 c. water
- Prepare cookie dough according to can instructions, adding the additional ¼ cup flour. Mix until dough pulls away from bowl.
- Refrigerate dough for 2 hours (or roll out dough 1–2” thick and place in freezer for 20 minutes).
- Break apple slices into small pieces and sauté with butter. Add cinnamon, nutmeg, and brown sugar and stir until sugar is melted. Add water and cook for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and blend in food processor until apple chunks are small. Place in refrigerator to cool.
- Make glaze by blending dry pineapple to powder in a food processor. Combine all remaining glaze ingredients and stir until smooth.
- After dough is cooled, roll into 2 oz. balls. Flour surface and rolling pin and roll out balls into flat circles.
- Place 2 tbsp. filling in a small row on the lower half of the circle. Egg wash the edges of the cookie and fold over like a taco, crimping edges with a fork.
- Bake on greased oven rack at 375°F for 9 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
- Allow to cool and then spread glaze over the top of each pie.