Chicken & Veggie Egg Roll in a Bowl – StarsBy Thrive Life
This recipe created for Thriving with the Stars using Francesca's Core Ingredients. Swap out the Thrive ingredients to suit your family.
- 1 c. THRIVE Seasoned Chicken Slices - Freeze Dried
- 1 c. THRIVE Zucchini - Freeze Dried
- 1/2 c. THRIVE Red Bell Peppers - Freeze Dried
- 1/2 c. THRIVE Onion Slices - Freeze Dried
- 1 c. THRIVE Mushroom Pieces - Freeze Dried
- 1/2 c. THRIVE Celery - Freeze Dried
- 2 c. Water
- 2 clv. Garlic, minced (or equivalent garlic powder)
- 1 tbsp. Ginger, grated (or equivalent ginger powder)
- 4 c. Shredded Cabbage (or 16oz bag Shredded Cabbage, Coleslaw Mix, or Broccoli Slaw)
- 1/4 c. Soy Sauce (or Coconut Aminos) * More or less to taste
- 2 tbsp. Sesame Oil
- 1 tbsp. Oil (vegetable, olive, avocado, one of your choice)
- 2 Scallions, sliced
- Egg roll wrappers or wonton wrappers for garnish, Sriracha or Sweet Thai Chili Sauce, or red pepper flakes
- For Wrappers:
- Preheat oven to 400°. Cut wrappers in strips and lay in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Brush lightly with oil.
- Bake for about 4-5 minutes. Keep an eye on them!
- Main Dish
- In a large skillet, if using fresh ginger and garlic, sauté in oil.
- Add chicken, zucchini, red bell peppers, onions, mushrooms, peas, and water. Simmer and allow chicken to refresh, about 5 minutes. * If using garlic powder, ginger powder add at this point.
- Once chicken has refreshed blend in the cabbage and sauté until softened. This should take about 8 minutes.
- Added Soy Sauce, using more or less for your liking.
- Taste for seasoning, you may need to add salt or the optional seasonings
- For the finish, drizzle on the Sesame Oil, and you are ready to serve.
- Garnish with scallion slices
- Tips: This is great alone or served over steaming rice.