Butternut Squash Sheet Cake
By Thrive Life · 0 - 3 servings
- 3 c. THRIVE Butternut Squash - Freeze Dried
- 1 1/2 c. water
- 1 c. Shortening Powder + 1/2 cup water
- 2 c. Cane Sugar
- 1/2 c. THRIVE Scrambled Egg Mix + 3/4 cup water
- 1 c. White Flour (All Purpose Unbleached Flour)
- 1 c. Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 tsp. Baking Soda
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp. Iodized Salt
- 1 tsp. Baking Powder
- 1/2 c. butter, softened
- 6 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 4 c. Powdered Sugar
- 2 tbsp. heavy cream
- Blend butternut squash with water in a food processor until pureed.
- Beat prepared shortening powder, sugar, and eggs into puree until well blended. Add remaining cake ingredients and mix well.
- Pour into a greased half-sheet pan (jelly roll pan) and bake at 350⁰F for 20–25 minutes, or until done.
- To make frosting, cream together butter and cream cheese until smooth. Add remaining ingredients and mix until smooth. Frost cake once cooled.