Pickled Green Tomatoes and Peppers
By Thrive Life · 15 servings
- 3 lb. Green Tomatoes (some slightly yellow/orange can be mixed in)
- 2 c. Onions slices and sliced in half (3 med or 1 large)
- 1 c. THRIVE Mixed Bell Peppers Reconstituted
- 1/4 c. Chopped jalapeno peppers (jarred or fresh)
- 1 1/2 c. Apple balsamic vinegar
- 3 c. White Vinegar
- 3 pinches Cane Sugar
- 2 pinches Salt and pepper
- 2 tsp. Celery Seed
- Mix sugar and vinegar in pot and heat until sugar dissolves and hot but not boiling
- Slice and slice again tomatoes and onions
- Chop jalapeno peppers
- Mix in Bell peppers and rest of ingredients in a big bowl
- Fill sanitized quart jars with the vegetables
- Pour the hot pickling liquid to fill each jar (this recipe should fill 3 quarts) to 1/2 inch head room in jar and put lid and band on.
- Process in water bath for 15 minutes, take out and cool on rack. Label with date when cool.
- Water bath is using a pot with a rack or I use other quart lid bands to put jars on, fill 2 inches up on the jars not the pot, put jars in and heat to boil.