White Bean Chicken Chili
By Thrive Life · 8 servings
- 1 lb. Small White Navy Beans (rinsed, soaked 6-8 hours, and drained)
- 5 tsp. THRIVE Chicken Bouillon + 5 cups water
- 4 tbsp. butter
- 1 tbsp. minced garlic
- 1/2 c. THRIVE Chopped Onions - Freeze Dried
- 1 1/2 c. chopped green chilies (fresh or canned)
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast (raw), cut into bite-sized chunks
- 1 tbsp. ground cumin
- 1 tbsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. ground white pepper
- 1 pn. red pepper flake (optional)
- 1/2 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
- Place rinsed, soaked, and drained beans in stock pot. Add chicken stock and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Let boil for 30 minutes or until beans become tender.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic, onion, and chilies and saute for 5 minutes.
- Add mixture from pan to the pot of beans, followed by the chicken and other remaining ingredients. Lower heat to medium and cook for approximately 1 1/2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Serve with shredded cheese and sour cream if desired.