Zupa's Wisconsin Cauliflower Soup - Thrivealized!!
By Thrive Life · 6 servings
- 3 1/2 c. Water
- 4 c. THRIVE Cauliflower- Freeze Dried
- 1/3 c. THRIVE Chopped Onions - Freeze Dried
- 1/4 c. THRIVE Green Chili Peppers - Freeze Dried
- 2 tsp. THRIVE Chicken Bouillon
- 3 tbsp. Butter, salted
- 1/4 c. White Flour (All Purpose Unbleached Flour)
- 1 1/2 c. THRIVE Instant Milk reconstituted
- 1/2 c. Light Whipping Cream
- 1 tsp. Dijon Mustard
- 1 1/2 c. THRIVE Shredded Cheddar Cheese - Freeze Dried reconstituted
- 1/2 c. THRIVE Shredded Monterey Jack Cheese - Freeze Dried reconstituted
- Put 1st 5 ingredients in saucepan and turn on medium heat.
- While the veggies are heating, make a roux in a separate pan by first melting the butter. Add flour, stirring until it is smooth, then add milk and cream, stirring continually.
- continue to stir or whisk until the roux is smooth. The roux will begin to thicken and bubble, continue to simmer for 2 minutes, stirring.
- As you were making the roux, the vegetables should have come to a boil for a couple minutes. Add the roux to the cooked veggies. Stir to combine.
- Carefully pour the soup mixture into a blender - be careful not to overfill. (Venting the blender using the small removable cap in the lid helps keep steam from building up.) Blend until smooth and return to clean pan.
- Add cheeses and mustard to the soup, and heat until cheese is melted and smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Sometimes I will add some extras: more cheese, croutons, sprinkle THRIVE salad seasoning, and/or bacon crumbles. It is also fantastic with you just add a spoon.