"Gimme Thrive" Baklava Cookies
By Thrive Life · 18 servings
- 6 tbsp. butter
- 3/4 c. Powdered Sugar
- 5 tbsp. THRIVE Honey Crystals
- 1 tbsp. water
- 1 c. almonds or walnuts, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp. Ground Cinnamon
- 1 c. butter, softened
- 2 tbsp. water
- 1 egg
- 3 1/3 c. Vanilla Sugar Cookie Mix
- In a small saucepan, melt the 6 T. of butter over low heat. Stir in the powdered sugar, honey crystals, and 1 T. of water.
- Bring to a boil, then remove from heat and add nuts and cinnamon. Set aside to cool for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Spray a cookie sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a mixer, cream the 1 cup of butter for a few minutes until smooth and fluffy. Add in 2 T. water and egg and mix well, scraping down sides part way through.
- Add in the sugar cookie mix. Mix well, until dough begins to clean the sides of the bowl.
- Using a 1.25"-diameter cookie scoop, place cookie dough on cookie sheet leaving 2" spacing around each cookie.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove cookie sheet from oven and top each cookie with 1/2 to 1 Tablespoon of the nut mixture.
- Return cookies to oven and bake for 3 minutes.
- Allow to cool on the pan for a few minutes, then remove cookies to a wire rack to cool.